- 1 What is Bunion?
- 2 What causes bunions?
- 3 Best Shoes for Bunions :
- 3.1 1. Asics Men’s GEL-Tech Walker Neo 4 Walking Shoe
- 3.2 2. YogaToes Gems: Instant Therapeutic Relief for Your Feet
- 3.3 3. Propet Men’s Pedwalker 15 Slip-On Dress Shoes for Bunions
- 3.4 4. Sanita Men’s Professional Cabrio – Best Clogs for Bunions
- 3.5 5. Propet Men’s Cush’ N Foot Slip-On Slippers
- 3.6 6. New Balance Men’s MX857 –Best Shoes for Bunions
- 3.7 7. Propet Men’s Vista – Best Shoes for Bunions
- 3.8 Best Way to Lace Up Shoes to Ease on Bunions
What is Bunion?
Bunions are associated with a particularly inflammatory type of arthritis, such as rheumatoid arthritis. An occupation or job that puts additional stress on feet or one that requires you to wear pointed or tight shoes or small shoes also can be a cause of Bunion. Further in this page you will find a list for best shoes for bunions .
What causes bunions?
A bunion is the result of a deformity in the joint of your big toe. Bunions develop when the pressure of your weight fall on the joint of your feet.
Bunions can be caused by:
- Genetics: Bunion can be genetic. Sometimes it travels from one generation to another.
- Arthritis: If there is arthritis in the toe, then also Bunions can develop. Same as under:
- Rheumatoid arthritis: pain in the joints because the immune system attacks the joint lining.
- Gout: It affects the big toe of feet.
Psoriatic arthritis: This type of arthritis often comes with some skin condition.
- Improper fitting shoes: If you are wearing tight or high-heeled shoes it may cause bunions or make an existing bunion worse. That’s why, to prevent bunion you have to wear bunion compliant shoes.
Health Issues when having Bunions:
Bunions can be found in children as well as in adults at any time. One is in the high risk having bunions listed as under:
- Having flatfooted or low arches.
- Having a form of arthritis named Gout that mostly occurs in the toe joint.
- Family histories of bunions always increase the chances of having bunions.
- Hobby (like running) or job which put significant pressure on the foot.
- Putting on footwear which is too tight, high-heeled or small results in bunions.
- Abnormal placement of the foot is rolling during the walk.
Best Shoes for Bunions :
1. Asics Men’s GEL-Tech Walker Neo 4 Walking Shoe
- These are light weighted best shoes for bunions made of fabric and synthetic material with breathing feature and equipped with rubber sole and removable insole.
- Shoes are designed with bunion windows for extra comfort and fitness.
- Engineered with gel cushioning technology provide comfort throughout heel to toe.
- Cushion absorbs the shocks and gives a floating-like ride.
- The additional comfort offered by foot bed throughout the day in these walking shoes.
- The reflective feature ensures that you are visible even in the dark.
- The long lasting soft material provides add-on comfort and add-on platform.
2. YogaToes Gems: Instant Therapeutic Relief for Your Feet
- Bunion exercises can be done by Gems therapy.
- Patented design revives and stretches your toes in sync with gems.
- Yoga toes therapy is easily accessible with the easy-fit design.
- Gems fit between the toes, smoothly separating them apart and takes away from balls of feet, also provide additional relief as compare to walking barefooted.
- Gems help in keeping a good balance and posture.
- To get relief your feet should wear these best shoes for bunions continuously 15 minutes daily.
- If you are feeling uncomfortable while wearing gems, it means your feet need these gems to get comfort.
- These shoes are used for a long walk as your feet feel easy while wearing it.
- Double insole fitted in these shoes gives your feet double cushioning. So you can make a long walk comfortably without any pressure on the feet.
- It has double footbed for extra comfort (footbed is removable).
- The leather used in this shoe is durable and stylish.
- Rubber outsole used in these shoes, gives maximum support to your feet.
- It also offers nonslip protection.
- Mesh lining of these shoes makes it comfortable for your feet.
4. Sanita Men’s Professional Cabrio – Best Clogs for Bunions
- These shoes for bunions are made from very good quality leather.
- Also shoes for bunions for women is available.
- The heel of these shoes is not more than 1.5” to give you a comfortable walk.
- Polyurethane outsole used in making these shoes provides durability.
- The platform of shoes is less than 0.80” to provide excellent support to your feet while walking.
- Prescribed standard followed while making these shoes insures about the quality of finished product.
- Properly shaped footpad is used to give comfort.
- Due to stylish design people prefer to wear them at any occasion.
5. Propet Men’s Cush’ N Foot Slip-On Slippers
- Manmade shoes give additional comfort.
- The heel of these shoes is not more than 1.25”.
- The platform is approx 1.25” to provide good comfort.
- Removable terrycloth insole used in this footwear gives good feeling throughout the day.
- Polyurethane outsole provides durability.
- Shoes are redesigned to enhance your walking experience and add on comfort during the same.
- Extra attention is paid while making these best walking shoes for bunions by adding on additional cushy comfort.
6. New Balance Men’s MX857 –Best Shoes for Bunions
- Best walking shoes for people with bunions feet.
- Also, shoes for bunions is available for women.
- Made by leather and rubber sole that gives comfort for bunions.
- The design of shoes is produced to give extra comfort to bunions affected feet.
- It keeps the proper balance of feet while running or walking.
- Nonmarking outsole for a comfortable walk.
7. Propet Men’s Vista – Best Shoes for Bunions
- Made by Leather and Synthetic sole to provide the comfort needed for daily life.
- Good shoes for bunions feet due to comfortable heel.
- Care sensitive shoes for bunions help to walk with ease.
- Gives space to the parts feet as needed to walk comfortably.
- Excellent shoes having enough room in the toe area also offer moderate arch support.
- Also you can check shoes for shin splints.
- The best indicators of quality and attention to detail that the lengths of the straps are sufficient.
Best Way to Lace Up Shoes to Ease on Bunions
This lacing technique creates width and volume in the forefoot of a shoe
One should always wear the best shoes for bunions. Go for the Bunion compliant shoes prescribed by the industry experts. You can choose from above shoes as required.