- 1 What is Metatarsalgia and its causes?
- 2 How to Alleviate Pain in Ball of Feet (Metatarsalgia treatment )
- 2.1 1. Skecher Shape Ups XT Rocker bottom shoes for Metatarsalgia
- 2.2 2. Joya Men’s cruiser- Shoes for Pain in Ball of FootCheck Price and Availability Here
- 2.3 3. Alegria clogs- Rubber Rocker Sole for Metatarsalgia
- 2.4 4. Aetrex RX- Best Walking Shoes for Metatarsalgia
- 2.5 5. Stridetek Flip-Thotics-Unisex sandals
What is Metatarsalgia and its causes?
Metatarsalgia is a condition or symptoms which are characterized by pain and inflammation in the ball of foot. Metatarsalgia is not a disease but in fact a group of symptoms. It is mostly associated with jumpers or those who wear high heels that is, where a strong pressure is exerted on the toes of feet that causes the toes to swell which later on become painful. Metatarsalgia is not only confined to females but males too, it is neither confined to age nor gender. Other causes also include poor fitting shoes or stress fractures resulting in Metatarsalgia. The word Metatarsalgia is derived from metatarsals (the name of bones of the ball of foot), a term used in anatomy.
How to Alleviate Pain in Ball of Feet (Metatarsalgia treatment )
The condition is very painful for the sufferer because it’s hinders walking and stepping. Usually it gets resolved itself over the course of some time. Other conservative methods or home remedy treatments for Metatarsalgia involve the following:
- OTC pain relievers
- Wearing proper shoes
- Metatarsal pads
- Custom arch support
Beside these conservative remedies a very effective way of preventing Metatarsalgia is by using proper footwear (best shoes for Metatarsalgia ). Choice of footwear is very important because using a comfortable shoe can not only prevent Metatarsalgia but can also add comfort to our lives. Usually those people are at a high risk of developing Metatarsalgia who either walk a lot or wear high heels which put all the walking pressure of the body on toes. People bearing high weights (obese) are also at a high risk of developing Metatarsalgia because of their weight which put pressure on the toes resulting in pain and inflammation in the ball of foot. The effective way of prevention and treatment is a good pair of shoes.
By taking into account the reviews of people a list has been made showing the best shoes for Metatarsalgia which include:
- Shoes for Metatarsalgia which are available for men as well as women.
- These shoes are the most effective shoes for Metatarsalgia.
- As we can see the shape of shoe is build according to the necessary weight on toes which is required to keep the metatarsals a little high in position while walking.
- Some people have a habit of walking in such a way that they put more pressure on the toes, these footwears are also very effective for such walkers to prevent Metatarsalgia.
2. Joya Men’s cruiser- Shoes for Pain in Ball of FootCheck Price and Availability Here
Another shoes considered very effective by people in reviews are “Joya Men’s cruiser-shoes”.
- These are also made in required shape for Metatarsalgia and are recommended by people who use them.
- It has a soft heel.
- It comes with a soft elastic smart sole designed for your feet’s daily comfort.
Metatarsalgia is again saying, not a disease but a condition whose symptoms can be resolved by either taking rest or by using one of the shoes mentioned above, which keep feet comfortable by exerting lesser pressures on the foot, and keeping the metatarsals in a comfortable position.
3. Alegria clogs- Rubber Rocker Sole for Metatarsalgia
Alegria clogs rubber sole shoes comes in two shapes, one is the Alegria chairman which is for men and the other is Alegria classic which is for women.
- It is made from high-quality leather.
- It comes with a quality suede sock liner.
- It is suitable for special needs of orthotics or those suffering from Metatarsalgia.
4. Aetrex RX- Best Walking Shoes for Metatarsalgia
The Aetrex RX- best walking shoes also comes in two shapes for men as well as for women. Those for men are called Aetrex RX men and for women are called Aetrex Xspress women.
- The shoes are manufactured with leather, mesh materials and synthetic.
- The important feature is unique forefoot freedom and also stability of rearfoot.
- Designed for safety and protection with flat and smooth seam linings.
- It also has a unique Footbridge.
- Great shoes if you have bad knees.
5. Stridetek Flip-Thotics-Unisex sandals
These sandals are also one of the best shoes for Metatarsalgia.
- The shoe is suitable for alleviating pain, Metatarsalgia, plantar fasciitis, shin splints and arch pain.
- Comes with a unique EVA arch support.
- The shoe have patented Metatarsal Riser Support Pad which encourages proper bio-mechanics, relieves forefoot pain and resists overpronation (rolling inward at the ankles).
- Also they look very good and are easy to maintain.
- Its provides deep heel technology with unique cup.
- These shoes is also good if you need best shoes for heel spurs.