- 1 Benefits of wide toe box shoes
- 2 Reviews of the Most Popular wide toe box shoes
- 2.1 1. New Balance Men’s MW983 Wide Toe Box Shoes
- 2.2 2. New Balance Men’s MW877 Wide Walking Shoes
- 2.3 3. New Balance Men’s MW799 Wide Toe Box Shoes
- 2.4 4. Salomon Men’s XR Mission Running Shoes
- 2.5 5. New Balance Men’s M990v3 Wide Toe Box Running Shoes
- 2.6 6. Altra Running Men’s Instinct 3 Running Shoes
- 2.7 7. Altra Men’s Torin 1.5 wide toe box shoes
- 2.8 8. KEEN Men’s Targhee II Mid Wide Toe Box Hiking Shoes
- 2.9 9. Merrell Men’s All Out Blaze Hiking Shoe
- 2.10 10. New Balance Men’s MW1069 Country Hiking Shoes
These days there is a wide variety of shoes of all styles and sizes. However, with a big choice comes a big question: how to find the best pair that will assure that your feet feel comfortable after a long day or an intensive workout, which is particularly important if you have wider feet. Discomfort caused by a wrong pair of shoes leads to sore feet and effects your knee health and general performance throughout the day.
Benefits of wide toe box shoes
When you exercise or simply walk, your feet inevitably sweat and swell. For that reason, shoes need to be roomy enough so that your toes feels flexible and not crumple. Wide toe box shoes keeps your feet healthy and comfortable preventing numerous injuries.
Comfort plays the key role, when it comes to picking a pair of shoes. It determines how active you are going to be throughout the day, and how good you will feel after a long day out or a quality workout.
Even if you are wearing them for a long period of time, shoes with the wide toe box don’t make your feet swollen and sore at the end of the day.
- Improves Toe Alignment
The wide toe box allows your toes to spread comfortably and generally leads to a better foot alignment. Whether you are hiking or simply doing everyday activities, with this type of shoes with wide toe box, your feet won’t sore and stay as rested and relaxed as possible until the very end of the day.
- Reduces Risk Of Injuries
No person is 100% injury-safe. However, choosing the right type of wide toe box walking shoes can reduce the risks of ingrown toenails, toe cramps, knee problems, shin splits, and lower body musculoskeletal problems.
- It Offers Enhanced Balance
A larger platform of wide toe box shoes is associated with the splayed toe configuration and gives a foot more support, and therefore assures better balance.
Reviews of the Most Popular wide toe box shoes
The advantages of the wide toe box walking shoes are obvious and undeniable. However, choosing the right pair for you might be difficult due to a lot of options available in the market. To make it easier for you, here are some of the most popular models of shoes with the wide toe box:
1. New Balance Men’s MW983 Wide Toe Box Shoes
- This New Balance shoes are made from the water resistant leather and have protective overlays at the front and back.
- The solid rubber outsole with premium cushioning ensures durability and comfort.
- The six-eye lace closure provides snug fit.
- The insert of the shoes has a unique molded absorb feature to keep the feet dry and comfortable, which is crucial in the hot weather.
- Come with the 10mm heel-to-toe drop and a c-cap midsole.
2. New Balance Men’s MW877 Wide Walking Shoes
- A perfect balance of suede and mesh upper makes these shoes both comfortable and stylish.
- Due to the rubber outsole they are suitable for long walks.
- The absorbing midsole also ensure your feet will stay dry regardless of the weather conditions.
- This model is light (weighs 347 grams) and has 11 mm drop.
3. New Balance Men’s MW799 Wide Toe Box Shoes
- The durable rubber outsole provides a better grip and, therefore, is great for both exercising and daily walking.
- The suede and mesh mix allows feet to breathe;.
- It also makes the shoes as stylish as they are comfortable.
- The 12 mm drop and the weight of 395 grams make this pair of New Balance shoes perfect for any adventure you are about to take.
4. Salomon Men’s XR Mission Running Shoes
- The breathable upper keeps feet comfortable and prevents them from excessive sweating.
- Extremely light (less than 300 grams), these shoes make your movements smooth.
- This pair of shoes has Salomon’s sturdy quality and a comfortable mesh upper.
- It has a unique “sensifit and sensiflex” technology that is responsible for smooth motion and allows you to feel the trail when your feet touch the ground.
- Due to the wide toe box toes splays comfortably.
5. New Balance Men’s M990v3 Wide Toe Box Running Shoes
- This is a pair of classic leather and fabric running shoes with rubber sole.
- Lightweight cushioning, dual-density collar, and a padded tongue ensures perfect fit.
- Blown-rubber forefoot make these shoes comfortable for any kind of activity.
- They are also eye catching due to the reflective detailing.
6. Altra Running Men’s Instinct 3 Running Shoes
- Come in a perfect combination of fabric and synthetic material.
- The high-quality rubber sole together with 0mm heel-to-toe drop make these shoes perfect for running.
- Have a special Foot Pod outsole for traction.
- These shoes are not only comfortable but also good-looking thanks to the no-sew overlays at tongue and counter.
7. Altra Men’s Torin 1.5 wide toe box shoes
- The upper is made from air mesh which allows your feet to breathe.
- Quality synthetic material of the sole make these shoes very comfortable.
- The Meta Pod outsole traction and the dual-layer Altra Bound cushioning helps reduce the leg and feet pain.
- With the 0mm drop, it is considered one of the best wide toe box shoes for all kinds of activities, whether it is running, fitness or casual walking.
8. KEEN Men’s Targhee II Mid Wide Toe Box Hiking Shoes
- Due to the Nubuck leather combined with textile, these shoes are water-resistant in the full sense of the term.
- The ankle support is adjustable while the upper is breathable.
- Durable and perfect for hiking shoes that keep your feet dry and fresh.
9. Merrell Men’s All Out Blaze Hiking Shoe
- These shoes are the perfect option when you need hiking boots for they are made from the waterproof leather with protective overlays.
- The combination of mesh and leather gives your feet enough air to breathe.
- The special Uni-Fly absorption system protects feet from extreme sweating and odor, which is very important for this type of shoes.
10. New Balance Men’s MW1069 Country Hiking Shoes
- The synthetic sole are durable and comfortable.
- The leather and mesh upper are water-resistant due to the special Gore-Tex technology.
- The metal eyelets make lacing extremely easy.
- The c-cap midsole supports the foot and provides comfortable cushioning.
- The tongue and collar are padded making it feel like a pillow below your feet.